Poem of the Week
Each week we feature a poem by one of our authors. Take a few moments to enjoy it. And then, if you'd like to pass it along to a friend who could use a pause-poésie in their day, click on the "share this poem" link below.
Rain and Sleep
1. There are so many things about rain
I know only when I'm asleep
2. The air becomes charged —
just before the switch, you can taste it —
the leaves turn their white undersides up,
eyes roll back, a different current
begins to flow.
3. Rain comes like sleep — a lilted whisper.
Sleep descends like rain upon mown grass.
4. Reading a long novel — a series of naps
between chapters; a series
of brief showers in the yard.
5. drizzling drowsing
6. The sound of rain — you long for sleep.
In dreams, you wak remembered streets,
holding an umbrella.
7. That woman you seek, but
never find — she's rain;
Share this poem
This poem of the week is from